Rental and Cancellation Policy
A completed “Vacation Rental Agreement” is required within 24-hours to hold your reservation. The Rental Deposit is due upon receipt. Review and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions which is made part of this rental agreement is required before a confirmation will be issued.
Remittance of payments
Renter can remit funds to home owner one of three ways:
1) eCheck (from a U.S. Bank only – An eCheck is like a check in the mail, except check information is given over the phone.
2) Visa or MasterCard Credit Card
3) Bank wire
As a courtesy, VisitMyVilla.com will notify the Renter via email when payments are coming due and received. Renter shall notify VisitMyVilla.com when payments are made. Payment by eCheck or Credit Card can be made over the phone. Renter will be responsible for any banking fees incurred for wire fees (as mentioned above), bounced checks, reversal of funds, returned checks, insufficient funds, charge-backs, or any other banking fees caused by guest supplying inaccurate banking information or purposefully stopping or reversing of payments. Typical banking charges are $25 for each occurrence.
Renter cancelation and rental refunds
In the event of full or partial cancelation by Renter, VisitMyVilla.com will put the Villa back on the rental market immediately after receiving written notice and full payment to fulfill the contracted amount due. VisitMyVilla.com will immediately make a good faith effort to secure replacement reservations. If the Villa is reserved by another party for the period canceled, the Renter will be reimbursed the full amount of the reservation less a 10% service charge and any deficiency of the replacement rent.
To protect against cancelations caused by certain unforeseen events, such as illness, death, natural disasters, etc., we recommend that guests purchase trip cancelation and Interruption Protection insurance to assure refund of deposits paid and reimbursement of other vacation payments. Such insurance is available through travel agents, auto clubs such as AAA, or online at http://www.rentalguardian.com/ or http://www.csatravelprotection.com/
Damage Insurance Coverage is included in the total amount shown above. The insurance covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit stated above. Any damages that exceed this amount will be charged to guest before departure or to the credit card on file. This policy does not cover intentional damages or damages due to neglect or abuse. Certain terms and conditions apply.
There must be at least one adult at least 25 years old to supervise all other guests. With written permission, additional guests may be permitted with a slight additional fee per day as shown in our fees schedule (typically $25 per guest per day). Guests may also have and ‘Event’ which is defined as any party or gathering requiring movement of furniture or a gathering of more than five additional people above the contracted amount at the home. The ‘Event Fee’ is typically $300 – $500 but will depend on the scope of the event and the quantity of guest attending the ‘Event’.
Condition of Rental:
The property shall be in the same condition upon departure as at check-in. Normal wear and tear excepted. Owner or its agents may enter the property at reasonable times to make repairs or provide maid service. Guest may cook in areas specifically designated for cooking. Guest must immediately notify Owner or agent of fire or other damage to property. Guest shall be liable for all acts of the family, invitees, employees, or other persons invited onto the property. Guest may not sublet or assign this rental agreement. Guest shall abide by the House Rules of the Owner, Property Manager, Condominium Association and/or the Booking Agent as provided to Guest.
Catastrophic Events & Emergency Evacuations:
Whether you own property, run a business, or rent a condo, the threat of a hurricane, flood, or tsunami is always present during certain months of the year. Therefore, we suggest you consider Travel Protection Insurance mentioned above to secure your vacation investment and eliminate your financial risk. If a catastrophe (hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, etc.) or any situation simply beyond our control impairs the vacation rental, VisitMyVilla.com and the home are not responsible for the renter’s financial losses related to transportation or alternate lodging. There will be no refunds or credits for emergency evacuations.
VisitMyVilla.com warrants that it has made a good faith effort to accurately represent the Villa in its promotions. The Villa is not responsible for unexpected interruption of services out of its control including temporary power or utility outages, interrupted cell phone and internet service, road closures, etc. Renter warrants his/her authority to enter into this Agreement on behalf of all Guests. Renter also warrants that all Guests shall have agreed to abide by the provisions of this Agreement prior to their arrival at the Villa.
Guests must abide by all house rules:
For the homeowner:
- Will assure that the Villa is clean and orderly when Guests arrive, and Guests agree to leave the Villa in similarly good order at time of departure.
- Will provide housekeeping service throughout the week based on a schedule provided to Guest upon arrival.
- Will provide linens, towels, and basic cooking utensils.
- Will pay all utility costs – water, electricity, trash removal, local telephone, satellite TV, and internet access. The home is not responsible for any interruptions that may occur in the supply of utilities to the Villa.
- Guarantees that, to the best of their knowledge, all items are not damaged and are in good working order
- Reserves the right to properly maintain the grounds and Villa throughout the Renters stay. The owners will respect the privacy of the Renters and will communicate with the Renters concerning maintenance needs.
- Are responsible for their long-distance communications costs.
- Will have a set of keys for the Villa and are solely responsible for locking the Villa and safeguarding its contents, including Guests personal items. Guests shall assure that all doors and windows are securely locked when they are absent.
- VisitMyVilla.com and/or the home owner are not responsible for any belongings of Guests that may be lost or stolen.
- Will return all keys to the Villa prior to departure. Renter agrees to pay a replacement fee of $250 in the event any keys are lost or stolen.
- Will ensure that doors and windows remain closed when air conditioning is in use.
- Will return any furnishings temporarily removed from Villa grounds, including linens, towels, ice chests, dishes, or utensils.
- Will promptly notify VisitMyVilla.com of any breakage, loss, malfunction, or other problem that may occur.
- Will exercise due caution in using the swimming pool (in homes with pools). This includes not diving or pushing others into the pool, not bringing glassware, china or bottles into the pool area, providing adult supervision to children, and drying feet before leaving the pool area, as floor tile can be very slippery when wet.
- Will not smoke inside the Villa or near open doors or windows, and will not leave any traces of smoking on the Villa decks or grounds. Butts should be placed in a closed plastic bottle or similar container and not placed in garbage containers in the home. Failure to abide by this provision can result in a fine and/or immediate loss of the use of the Villa.
- Will treat the Villa and its contents with care and respect, act responsibly on the property, not play excessively loud music or otherwise annoy fellow guests and neighbors.
- Will ask approval from VisitMyVilla.com for any chefs, caterers and other vendors working in the Villa.
- Will not allow dogs, cats, or other pets into the Villa or onto its grounds without owner approval.
- Will not allow persons providing sex for hire into the Villa or onto its grounds.
- Will not perform any illegal acts on Villa property.
- Will vacate the Villa by the time specified in this Agreement.
- Will not sublet the Villa.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances shall the home owner or VisitMyVilla.com be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, howsoever caused or incurred whether arising in contract or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described or substituted and including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing as a result of any delay(s), substitution(s), rescheduling(s) or change(s) in the provision of services or land accommodations by VisitMyVilla.com or by reason of military actions, revolution or acts of
God, government agencies, or unforeseen circumstances or events, by any agents, owners, employees, subcontractors, servants or services as substituted; the home owner and VisitMyVilla.com, at all times will act in good faith and use its best efforts to substitute with accommodations or services of a type as comparable as possible to those contracted. The home owner and VisitMyVilla.com will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or services. Some activities in which guests engage are especially dangerous and include scuba diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, boating, golfing, swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, hiking, biking and mountain climbing. This list is not all-inclusive, but indicates some of the hazards of vacationing in Costa Rica. Guests may also encounter the following risks: slippery floors and stairs, especially when wet, lanais with spaces between rails (dangerous for little children), precipitous drop-offs on ocean floor, unfenced pools, faulty electrical or plumbing systems, gas BBQ grills, clean/clear sliding glass doors, and dangerous stairs or pathways, Therefore, each guest agrees that he/she is voluntarily participating in any and all activities, risks, and use of the accommodations, and hereby assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to person and property that might result, including, without limitation, any loss or theft of personal property. By booking this villa, you acknowledge that in all events and circumstances, the home owner, VisitMyVilla.com, its officers and employees shall not be liable. The home owner or VisitMyVilla.com reserves the right to cancel or rescind any rental agreement if it is found that the Guests are conducting unlawful activities, not abiding by the Home Owners Association House Rules, disturbing others by playing loud music, percussion, audio or instruments, or cause any loud or offensive noises, have made any misrepresentations about the nature or size of the group or use of the group or the use of the property or any other misrepresentations or any other way in breach of the rental agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written.
This Agreement may be amended if the amendment is made in writing and signed by both parties.
Non-waiver of rights
Failure of either party to strictly enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not impair either party.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If such a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The terms of this Agreement shall be construed and enforced under the laws of Costa Rica.
I/we, the undersigned, hereby apply for the above listed accommodation and warrant that I/we have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this application, and I/we agree to abide by homeowners/agents/association restrictions on use of said property. I/we further understand and represent that I/we are executing this application on behalf of all parties named on the guest list.
I agree that this is a legally binding document and I have read all terms and conditions in this document.